3. Request recommendations from your network as credibility is critical.
4. Document achievements and wins on your LinkedIn profile to stay current and relevant.
5. Update your status every day and make sure your profile and photo is current.
6. Expand on your thought leadership; lead a forum or LinkedIn group; publish an article; start a blog; speak publicly or recommend books on the Amazon LinkedIn app.
7. Use the power of video and create a video bio of yourself for your LinkedIn profile.
8. Source staff - one of a manager's hardest jobs. If you build your brand community, you'll create fans who want to work for you.
9. Research - Make an effort to get to know more about your clients or partners and competitors. LinkedIn is a great place to start.
Zafar Anjum is the online editor of MIS Asia, CIO Asia, Computerworld Singapore and Computerworld Malaysia.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.